CR-10 Max from Creality is a large printer. One thing i don’t like about it is the printing surface. I’m used to the comfort of Prusa flexible sheet in order to get the models removed easily from the build plate. And on Creality sometimes prints stick too well . So well that i had to take the build plate out and remove them. When printing shields this is annoying and time consuming. So i decided to give a try to WhamBam Flex system . Took around 10 days to get it. I didn’t found any tutorials on how to do it for CR-10 Max so i decided to create a how to so other if they are interested to have a reference point. Took me almost 20 minutes to install it. So here is how to install whambam on creality CR-10 Max:
There are 2 parts of the video ( joined them ) (when shooting the video i forgot to remove the last protective sheet , and after i actually tried to print PLA didn’t stick at all . I figured out what was wrong and added a short video at the end of the first one ) .
Punch holes, turn the sheet on the other side and punch holes
Round the upper corners with scissors
For the lower corners use the below image as reference
How we package them ?
Usually we pack 4 of them in a kit and final assembly is done on site. This saves space and transport fees. We also add a printed paper with instructions, production date and statement that this are donation and not for sale.
We at TFM will start to put out our 3D Printers to produce as much face shield parts as we can. Parts will be delivered to FabLab for final assembly and delivery.
We will put to work our new finished 3d printer ( HCube CM3D ) and our lab printer ( Prusa mks3 ) that we used for prototyping other projects we had.
HCube is a HyperCube printer that was adapted to be as stable as possible. Built with 20×40 v-slot profiles, e3dv5 hotend and linear rails on all axis. By far it’s the most stable 3d printer we built so far. And printing this shields will be a stress test for it. We will try to print with it 24 / 7 for as long as parts will be needed. We wanted to improve it a lot more ( and trying to produce it with Romania produced parts ) before we announce it, but given the situation we are putting it to work as it is.