It comes a time when you need to update the ILO firmware / bios rom / OA firmware on a C7000 enclosure.
Best way to do this is like this:
- Download OA firmware, ILO firmware and rombios ISO image .
- From the web interface update ILO firmware.
- Create an ILO user and enable ssh .
- Activate ILO advanced license
- Open a terminal and ssh to ilo
- issue the following command from ilo command line:
vm cdrom insert http://192.168.1.1/ROMPAQINTEL.iso
vm cdrom connect
- From web browser open an ilo remote console to server and power it off.
- After the server gracefully powers off issue a “power on” command from ILO
- Switch to remote console and complete the update
- After update is complete issue the following commands from ILO
vm cdrom eject