I use svn on daily basis. everything was ok until today when a new this kind of error popped up :
root@tfm33: /Space/server/_wks/trunk# svn commit
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Aborting commit: '/Space/server/_wks/trunk/libmp3lame' remains in conflict
An no matter what i tried it stayed in conflict. doing some google-ing i found out that the fix is quite simple:
svn resolved /Space/server/_wks/trunk/libmp3lame
At Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit 14 April 2010 it was a very interesting session on Q and A about linux kernel. Here are the main ideas discussed:
1) Documentation (lack of) – The documentation itself should be inside the kernel itself.
2) Need for new blood . Some of the original developers are getting old.
3) Keeping Independent thinkers is very important.
4) Fixing scheduler is around the corner. RTT will be merged into kernel.
5) Android is forking a part of kernel. There will be tries to merge codes between Google and Linux Kernel.
6) A person ( or persons ) are needed to reduce the kernel bloat ( kernel foot print )
It comes a time when you need to update the ILO firmware / bios rom / OA firmware on a C7000 enclosure.
Best way to do this is like this:
- Download OA firmware, ILO firmware and rombios ISO image .
- From the web interface update ILO firmware.
- Create an ILO user and enable ssh .
- Activate ILO advanced license
- Open a terminal and ssh to ilo
- issue the following command from ilo command line:
vm cdrom insert http://192.168.1.1/ROMPAQINTEL.iso
vm cdrom connect
- From web browser open an ilo remote console to server and power it off.
- After the server gracefully powers off issue a “power on” command from ILO
- Switch to remote console and complete the update
- After update is complete issue the following commands from ILO
vm cdrom eject
I recently got a Cisco 7945 Phone to play with.
1) I got it out the box , i connected it to my LAN and plugged in the power.
2) The phone started to send requests to my DHCP server . However it never stopped doing that.
Dec 17 21:54:11 localhost dhcpd: DHCPREQUEST for 172.17.1.13 from 00:1f:ca:ea:11:73 (SEP001FCAEA1173) via eth1
Dec 17 21:54:11 localhost dhcpd: DHCPACK on 172.17.1.13 to 00:1f:ca:ea:11:73 (SEP001FCAEA1173) via eth1
Dec 17 21:54:14 localhost dhcpd: DHCPRELEASE of 172.17.1.13 from 00:1f:ca:ea:11:73 (SEP001FCAEA1173) via eth1 (found)
3) A quick search on the net on how to set this phone up ( in the box I found no documentation so i guess google il my friend tonight ) revealed that i need to set up a tftp server to serve a software for the phone. But to get the software i will need a Cisco account.
Great ( NOT ) … In order to download from Cisco you will need: “Have a valid Technical Support Services Agreement”
Now i have to wait a bit until my friend who has the account will download it for me. Time to get something to eat. This is going to be a loooooooong night.
Got the file. One big zip unpacked in tftp directory. Created a file named: XMLDefault.cnf.xml
4) got the files. DHCP server updated …
match if substring (option vendor-class-identifier,0,32) = "Cisco Systems, Inc. IP Phone CP-"; #<----Matches first 32 characters
option tftp-server-name "172.17.0.1";
5) Press # while plugin the power and then “123456789*0#” to enter the upgrade sequence.
6) At this point the phone will request from tftp a file named : term45.default.loads
7) The phone is quite bricked.
Requesting something via UPNP and there you go … another brick in the wall.
8) After 1 day of intense internet searching i found out that SIP45.8-5-2S was the the one firmware to go with. Worked like a charm.The firmware loaded as expected so the phone is now SIP.
9) Time to make it talk to yate. This is much more difficult than i expected. I have a small yate instalation here and usually i’m connecting to it with Xten clients .I added a number and a password for cisco phone ( from freesentral ) but at this point i’m stuck at registering. It doesn’t wat to register to yate.
I guess it will be at least another day of searching.
DRBD refers to block devices designed as a building block to form high availability (HA) clusters. This is done by mirroring a whole block device via an assigned network. DRBD can be understood as network based raid-1.
Today i happily found that DRBD was added to the upcoming linux kernel 2.6.33. Until now TFM could support DRBD but sometimes it got obsolete or we had lots of compilation problems because we are keeping up to date to kernel tree and DRBD was a little slow when big changes appeared in kernel.
In the next few days we will prepare and add to TFM some ready to use examples regarding DRBD.
Ralink’s RT2860 drivers and support for RT3090 PCI Wi-Fi chips were also added to the kernel. As usual around Christmas there are a lot of developments in Linux World.